The Languages and Communication degree main objectives are:
- Allow a better articulation between the theoretical learning in traditional fields of knowledge;
- Facilitate the access to understanding of elements which constitute the contemporary culture and communication;
- Contribute to the training of professionals able to investigate, teach, manage and communicate.
With this degree the students will be prepared to:
- Dominate three languages (Portuguese and two foreign), using as their support solid linguistic and cultural knowledge;
- Dominate the theoretical and practical communicative aspects, associated with the multilingual circulation needs of information in business context, national and international;
- Integrate the languages’ knowledge in a communicative perspective, in different social and professional contexts;
- Create, use and manage linguistic and communicative resources in computerized supports;
- Use that resources in different domains of application in areas of linguistic and communicative service (translation, writing, oral communication, reviewing, editing, etc.);
- Work in multilingual communication with a critical vision of production and diffusion’s information and knowledge in its region, country and Europe.