Language of Teaching
Faculty / School
Faculdade de Ciências Humanas e Sociais
Area of Studies
Arts, Communication and Heritage
The Visual Arts degree is a new and innovator course that integrates several different areas of the artistic scenery. Beyond the traditional arts, like painting and sculpture, the students can also work with the new media and the newer types of art, like Photography and Video.
This degree aims to train professionals to produce, research and criticize the visual arts, particularly the contemporary art.
Thus, the Visual Arts’ professional will be prepared to:
- Understand the artistic and cultural phenomena of their society;
- Work with a high level of interdisciplinary;
- Develop artistic languages integrated in the new digital technologies;
- Have a specialized and updated knowledge;
- Propose ideas and solutions for each technical domain and creation processes;
- Rethink the critique of traditional arts and the new Medias.
The applications for public higher education are made annually through national call and/or special contests.
In terms of training profiles, the following outputs are foreseen:
- Visual artist
- Specialization in analogical and digital photography
- Video capture and editing
- Illustration and BD
- Teaching (artistic and technological education)
- Publicity (art director)
- Promoter of cultural events
- Educative services in museums, galleries and institutions of cultural development
- Intervener in integrated actions with the artistic heritage
- Technical of plastic arts
Faculty of Human and Social Sciences
Campus de Gambelas, building 1 - 8005-139 Faro
Telefone: +351 289 800 914
Email : email@example.com