Portuguese as Foreign Language Course
• 1st Semester: from September 25 to December 22, 2023
• 2nd semester: from February 5 to May 29, 2024
Levels of Study
The course is organized according to the Common European Framework for Languages:
- Basic User A1 (Breakthrough or beginner): students with no knowledge of Portuguese;
- Basic User A2 (Way stage or elementary): students able to express basic phrases in Portuguese;
- Independent User B1 (Threshold or intermediate): students with intermediate knowledge of Portuguese and able to communicate and interact in simple and everyday matters;
- Independent User B2 (Vantage or upper intermediate): students able to communicate with a degree of fluency, complexity and detail with Portuguese native speakers;
- Proficient User C1/C2 (Effective Operational Proficiency): students in command of the Portuguese language and proving fluency in communication and work related contexts. Students who aim to deepen their respective knowledge concerning Portuguese discursive structures.
Candidates will be divided by classes and levels according to the degree of language proficiency demonstrated in the diagnostic test and interview.
Preference is given to the constitution of A1 classes, so as to respond to students’ most urgent needs.
The number of classes for the other levels may vary depending on the number of students. This will only be decided after placement tests have been carried out.
Tuition and Fees 2023/2024 (per semester)*
Tuition Fee: 300 Euros
Application Fee: 10 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 10 Euros
Applications are made every six months in an online form, which is available in the "Applications" tab.
If you want to do two semesters you will have to apply twice in the periods intended for this purpose.