PORTUGUESE AS FOREIGN LANGUAGE
1st semester: From 19th september to 21st december 2018.
2nd semester: From 06th february to 25th june 2019.
– Mobility students at the University of the Algarve;
– Mobility or visiting foreign researchers/professors who wish to carry out research at the University of the Algarve;
– Foreign citizens residing in Portugal (henceforth External Students) – Note that the minimum age for admission is 17. Candidates must have completed their secondary school education.
The course is organized according to the Common European Framework for Languages:
- Basic User A1 (Breakthrough or beginner): students with no knowledge of Portuguese;
- Basic User A2 (Way stage or elementary): students able to express basic phrases in Portuguese;
- Independent User B1 (Threshold or intermediate): students with intermediate knowledge of Portuguese and able to communicate and interact in simple and everyday matters;
- Independent User B2 (Vantage or upper intermediate): students able to communicate with a degree of fluency, complexity and detail with Portuguese native speakers;
- Proficient User C1/C2 (Effective Operational Proficiency): students in command of the Portuguese language and proving fluency in communication and work related contexts. Students who aim to deepen their respective knowledge concerning Portuguese discursive structures.
Candidates will be divided into classes according to the level of proficiency in Portuguese they demonstrate in the diagnostic test and the interview.
Preference is given to the constitution of A1 classes, so as to respond to students’ most urgent needs.
The number of classes for the other levels may vary depending on the number of students. This will only be decided after placement tests have been carried out.
University of Algarve teaching staff is responsible for the Portuguese as Foreign Language (PFL) – course. All teachers proceed from the Arts and Humanities Department (FCHS – UALG) and are highly trained and experienced in PFL teaching.
The course consists of 57 hours of Portuguese languages classes, totalling 5 ECTS in accordance with the European System of Credit Transfer.
Location: Faculdade de Ciências Humanas e Sociais (FCHS – Campus de Gambelas).
Frequency: twice a week (after 5.30 pm).
Duration: 2 hours.
A Portuguese FL textbook, an exercise book, and a Portuguese FL grammar book are recommended and will be used throughout the teaching learning process.
Waiting for the University’s Regulation.
The course is free for mobility students whose learning agreement includes the Portuguese Language Course.
For mobility students whose learning agreement does not include the Portuguese Language Course and for mobility/visiting researchers/professors at the University of the Algarve the price is 275€ (the registration is 25€ + 250€ tuition fee).
For external students:
– Two semesters: 590€ (50€ registration + 540€ tuition fee, including school insurance).
– Each semester: 295€ (25€ registration + 270€ tuition fee, including school insurance).
Payment must be made until the end of the first week of classes.
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
For registrations to be accepted and validated, you are required to:
1. Fill in the online registration form (all fields are mandatory);
CANCELLATIONS AND DEADLINES
Registration and enrolment deadline 1st semester (or both semesters): 18th September 2017.
Registration and enrolment deadline just for the 2nd semester: 1st february 2018.
Unjustified cancellations are not eligible for a refund.
We advise candidates who will need visa clearance not to pay for fees until their visa has been issued.
Tel.: (Customer relations): +351 289 899 740
Tel.: (Ticket office): +351 289 899 760
Address: Avenida da República, n.º 5, 8000-078 FARO
Bus pass (monthly)
Request at EVA Transportes (Avenida da República, nº 5, 8000-078 FARO)
a) Faro – Gambelas – Faro (around 28,40€)
b) Faro – Gambelas – Praia de Faro (around 33,17€)
- Passport photo;
- Photocopy of passport or identity card;
- 5€ - for the emission of the bus card.
Web page: https://fchs.ualg.pt/home/pt
Tel.: + 351 289 800 914
Fax: + 351 289 800 067